$65,000 to $90,000 DOE
If you are an experienced Employee Benefits Account Manager and you are burned out on the long tedious South Sound to Seattle commute or your boss has excessive over time expectations, my client’s new agency benefits position may be just the opportunity you are waiting for!
My client is a boutique Employee Benefits agency located in the Gig Harbor/Tacoma area. They are growing and want to hire an experienced Employee Benefits Account Manager to round out their Client Service team. The agency has a strong dedication to work/life balance and is known in the community for outstanding client service. They believe that every customer group is important, no matter what size. They enjoy many referrals and have excellent account retention. They strive to treat their employees like family and enjoy strong tenure as a result.
The client is offering a “King County” style salary and benefits package including 401K with match, 120 hours of PTO, paid holidays, paid continuing education/industry memberships, and mileage reimbursement for business travel. This is a full time, Mon to Fri in-office job unless traveling locally for client meetings. You will be working with groups of 10 to 350 lives. Salary range is $65,000 to $90,000 DOE.
Key job duties include:
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, and carriers
- Provide consistent, accurate, and timely communication to clients through verbal and
- Build out and maintain Employee Navigator for new clients and/or open enrollment
Conduct face-to-face meetings with clients, and carriers, as necessary, including open
- Coordinate with producer and analyst to create new and renewal proposals, including
spreadsheets, plan options
- Prepare written communications such as open enrollment memos, renewal reports,
custom employee communications and benefit summaries
- Submit new and renewal business to insurance carriers and audit for accuracy
- Provide an elevated level of customer service to resolve claims, billing, and other issues
on a timely basis. All activity should be appropriately documented through agency
- Provide compliance support to clients, including annual compliance notebook, and
assisting with federal, state and insurance company requirements including ERISA, ACA,
HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500s, PCORI, etc.
- Maintain client files accurately and consistently documenting conversations, sending
confirmations to clients, and adhering to all agency automation and documentation
- Actively participate in meetings with prospective clients
- WA Life & Disability license
- 2+ years of agency employee benefits account management experience
- Ability to handle a group renewal from start to finish for groups sizes 10 to 350 (self-funding knowledge or desire to learn is a huge plus)
- Polished Account Management skills over the phone, email, and in person.
- Ability to solve problems and find solutions for clients
- Ability to work autonomously without a lot of supervision
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com or call 425-298-0278. Client can start someone now or wait till after 4th Quarter.