$60,000 to $68,000
If you know have worked in a construction company office, have experience working with subcontractor insurance/compliance, know how to read and interpret insurance certificates, and understand the nuances of Subcontractor Default Insurance, my client wants to talk to you!
My client is a large General Contractor located in Seattle, WA. They have a very supportive management culture with solid career path progression opportunities. They offer very affordable benefits for you and the family as well as free downtown Seattle building parking pass (worth over $200/mo) or an ORCA card based on your commuting needs. They also offer a generous 3 weeks of PTO along with regular observed holidays, tuition reimbursement, and 401K with match. This is a full time, Mon to Fri in-office role with very flexible hours with starting times as early as 6 am if needed for commuting purposes.
About this role:
The Subcontractor Risk Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all subcontractor activities, to include implementation and monitoring of performance against defined targets, and the collection and review of Subcontractor Certificates of Insurance. This is NOT an entry level role. You must have experience doing insurance certification and compliance work with subcontractors at a construction firm to be considered for this position.
Here’s what your day will look like:
- Administrate the subcontractor pre-qualification process with our project teams by collecting pre-qualification criteria
- Maintain a subcontract risk log and coordinate with the project risk management team.
- Collect and maintain various logs to monitor subcontractor financial health and their associated risk to the GC.
- Coordinate, track and manage subcontractor insurance on multiple projects.
- Review, analyze, and track subcontract insurance certificates and endorsements for contractual compliance for multiple projects in
- Notify subcontractors and insurance agents’ in the event of non-compliance.
- Work with Projects Teams insurance compliance items
- Coordinates with insurance team (including members of internal Finance organization, project operations leadership, and external accounting / auditing teams) to coordinate subcontractor insurance compliance programs at a company-wide level.
What you need to be considered for this role:
- 2-4 years of relevant construction subcontractor management experience and review of Certificates of Insurance.
- 1-2 years of contract administration is helpful
- Understanding of insurance fundamentals as well as knowledge and fluency with insurance products and terminology and SDI.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- High Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines and move quickly from task to task
- High client service ethic
- Knowledge of and experience with Sage 300 is a plus.
- Knowledge of Accounting principles a plus.
- Construction industry experience strongly preferred
- Experience with MyCOI (a certificate tracking program) is a huge plus, but not required
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com or call 425-298-0278. Out of state candidates who will be living in Seattle by Jan 1st are encouraged to apply. Relocation expense is not provided. The client would like to hire ASAP or right after the holidays.