Title: Commercial Lines Account Manager: Work from home in the Greater Portland Area
Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Job Type: Remote with 2 half days on Thurs in Lake Oswego for staff meetings
Salary: $65,000 to $78,000
Category: Commercial Lines
This is an ideal job for an experienced licensed Commercial Lines Account Manager generalist who knows current market appetites and doesn’t need daily supervision to handle renewals on a recently purchased legacy book.
My client is an independent full-service insurance agency in Lake Oswego, Oregon. They have many long-term clients and have been in business since the mid 1990’s. They recently became part of one of the Nation’s top 20 Insurance brokerages. They have purchased a book of business with a wide variety of accounts in the $10,000 to $50,000 premium range. The book is about $450,000 revenue with about 100 accounts. The legacy agency used EZlynx, and accounts are in process of being moved into AMS360. It is a mix of admitted and surplus lines Carriers with a good portion written with Liberty and SAIF as well as various wholesalers. You will be the main point of contact for your accounts. You will introduce yourself as the new account manager, review the coverage plan, re-market if needed, and handle the renewal start to finish. You will also handle all daily service needs, billing issues, and help facilitate any outstanding claims.
The company offers a salary of $65,000 to $78,000 along with a generous benefits package. All IT will be provided. The Commercial Director asks the team to be in the Lake Oswego office only 2 times/month for department trainings or Carrier meetings. These are held on Thursdays from 10 am to 2 pm to lessen the impact of traffic. The firm believes strongly in work/life balance giving their staff lots of autonomy without constant micromanagement.
Key job aspects include:
- Service commercial insurance clients with billing, certificates of insurance, endorsement requests downloading carrier documents
- Work with account manager on needed projects
- Act as an expert employer resource and work closely with our sales team, co-brokers and referral partners
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Strategize with clients on sales and renewals by analyzing and presenting to the client either by phone or in person
- Communicate any industry changes including federal regulations, state regulations and carrier guidelines
- Oversee quoting and spreadsheet presentations for all clients
- Assist the client service team as necessary with resolving any service issues
- Handle or delegate client inquiries regarding claims, enrollments, carrier guidelines and applicable procedures
Candidates need to have experience handling renewals with current hard market Commercial Lines appetites and underwriter requirements for accounts in the $10,000 to $50,000 premium range. An OR P & C license is required along with a dedicated home office setting with high speed internet. If desired, you can also work out of their Lake Oswego office. You need to live a commutable distance from Lake Oswego to allow you to attend the 2 Thurs meetings each month.
The agency wants to fill this position ASAP. Please email your resume to email@example.com or call 360-392-8140.