Title: Agency Commercial Lines Insurance Director
Location: Washington State
Job type: Work from home office in either WA or OR with 1 week/month company paid travel to area WA offices
Salary: $120,000 to $150,000 + year-end bonus
Category: Commercial Lines
This is the ideal role for an insurance agency Commercial Lines Team Manager who is ready to lead the entire Commercial Lines Department.
My client is a growing Washington State brokerage with multiple locations in the Western half of the state. They are hiring a new Commercial Insurance Director. This is a key leadership role for the firm. You will have a team of 13 direct reports including a Team Lead. You will be an integral part of the leadership team. Your team supports all of the Commercial Producers’ business which represents about 50% of the firm’s total revenue. This is a rare opportunity to really make the position your own.
The company believes in providing the best work/life balance possible while still meeting quality and growth goals. They provide a salary of $120,000 to $150,000 DOE + year-end bonus, excellent benefits package, travel expenses, and paid continuing education and certifications.
You can work from your home office provided you live in Washington State or no further South than the Greater Portland area to allow for easy travel to work with your team in the Washington offices 1 week/month.
Key highlights of the role:
- Understands and models the company culture. Acts as a steward of company resources, mission, vision, and values.
- Embraces an agile work environment and guides others through change and continuous improvement.
- Management/Administration of Department Budget
- Facilitate Division Services, Risk Management, Claims Services, Surety Services
- Oversee new business assignments and workflows.
- Key Account Management
- Cultivate and maintain partner carrier relationships.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and customer service by improving ongoing service delivery methods.
- Direct supervision of commercial insurance service staff and department personnel changes
- Monitor workloads and adjust as necessary.
- Oversees the development, implementation, and monitoring of department training at each office location
- Review team’s performance and conduct their annual performance appraisals.
- Stay informed regarding insurance technical knowledge, market trends, agency automation, company information, and other operating techniques.
- Continually educate the commercial team on new products, coverages & limitations
- Work with PL Department Manager to coordinate systems-related procedures.
Candidates need to have worked in an insurance agency as a Commercial Lines Team Manager or at a Commercial Insurance Carrier in a Service Team leadership role. Only candidates who are P & C licensed and have substantial commercial insurance expertise in middle market accounts will be considered for this role. Insurance designations and experience with EPIC agency management system are strongly preferred.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-392-8140.