Title: Commercial Lines Account Manager: Remote for Vancouver, WA to Salem, OR residents only
Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Remote with some local travel to customers
Salary: $75,000 to $80,000
Category: Commercial Lines
If you live in Washington or Oregon, are an experienced Commercial Lines Account Manager who knows EPIC and contractor coverages, and you feel like it is time to change insurance agencies, this work from home role is for you!
My client is a growing independent retail insurance agency located in the Western Portland, Oregon area. They are looking for an experienced Commercial Account Manager to support one of their key Producers who has a diverse book of accounts with a heavy sub-contractor emphasis. The agency is on EPIC and uses Indio and CSR24.
You will provide high-level renewal and support for both new business and renewal marketing and daily service requests. This is a full-time permanent role. You can start your day at 7:30 am to 8:30 am Pacific time. This job is open due to a retirement of a long-time employee. The book is in excellent shape and many of the accounts are long-established clients. The company offers a nice salary, 100% paid medical for employee, generous profit sharing, 401K, and Costco membership.
Note to remote workers: All IT will be shipped to you. You must live in the greater Vancouver, WA to Salem, OR area to allow for drop ins for trainings and occasional business meetings with key clients as required by the Producer.
Key job duties:
• Provide consistent, accurate, and timely communication to clients through, verbal and written correspondence.
- Inform and educate clients about coverage, exclusions and exposures, document electronic files accordingly.
- Maintain client files in Epic and use Epic for processing all transactions.
- Process daily incoming mail, and phone requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Handle cancellations with care and acts to save accounts (if applicable) and notifies producer.
- Prepare proposals and applications, submit to insureds and carriers (or marketing department); follow up to insure timely responses.
- Provide technical support to Producers (coverage-wise, with proposal, suspense, items etc.) to help clients.
- Assist clients in making appropriate coverage changes; inform and educate clients about coverages, exclusions, exposures, and audits and document electronic file accordingly.
- Renew and re-market accounts as needed in conjunction with agency standards.
- Maintain client files accurately and consistently documenting conversations, sending confirmations to clients, adhering to all other automation procedures.
- Occasionally accompanies producer on prospect or client meetings if requested.
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements, and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Help with reviews and audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Determines if agency or direct billing and invoices accordingly. If it’s an agency bill account, enter the premium into the system, and forward accounting company invoice for further processing by their department.
- Update the Epic system accordingly using the Epic guidelines.
- Sets priorities and manages workflow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Set up finance contracts with Premium Finance companies and negotiate rates when applicable
Candidates need to have a P & C license, 5 years of Commercial Lines Account Manager agency experience with ability to market and process a renewal start to finish, and needs to be proficient with Word and Excel. (EPIC and CSR24 with Indio is a big plus)
To apply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.