Title: Employee Benefits Account Executive
Location: Oregon State
Job type: Remote but only for West Coast candidates due to travel needs
Salary: $80,000 to $100,000 + bonus
Category: Employee Benefits
If you are an experienced Employee Benefits Account Manager with expertise in group sizes 51 to 3000, this new AE role could be your next career move.
My client is a large National Insurance Brokerage with offices across the USA. You will be part of their OR practice. They are doing a lot of cross selling of their P & C book so you will be handling both renewals as well as working directly with the Producer on new business and plan design.
For Q4, due to a maternity leave, you will be taking over a book of established business with about 35 groups ranging from 100 to 3000 lives. Most of these renewals are already in process so you will be working with the current Account Manager who will tie you into the current renewal workflow so that you can continue with the renewal completion. You will work with the producer on employee benefit meetings, enrollment changes, Carrier issues, etc.
After the busy season is over, you will be much more involved with front end client facing presentations and will work directly with the Producer on new business. You will be fully supported by Benefits Specialists and Analysts at Corporate Headquarters who will assist with complex plan designs and other analyst tasks. Many of these risks will be large Senior Living P & C accounts located throughout the USA. You will be point person to coordinate the placement of the new business and will be in charge of managing customer deliverables.
The company offers good benefits, the ability to work remotely with autonomy, and lots of career advancement opportunities.
Note to remote workers: All IT is provided. Some client travel will be necessary in this role for meetings and during renewals. Remote is only open to candidates who reside on the West Coast (OR, WA, CA, AK, AZ, ID/Spokane area) due to client location and travel needs.
Key job aspects:
- Strategic management of assigned book in conjunction with Producer to understand client’s business and assist in developing EB programs and initiatives that support the client’s goals and objectives; Coordinates and ensures a smooth transition process for new customers.
- Delivers enrollment, benchmarking, financial and utilization data based on financial review standards and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Identifies opportunities for adding other lines of coverage or services.
- Educates clients concerning the regulatory environment and assists clients with compliance issues as necessary.
- Acts as project manager by clearly communicating and collaboratively guiding the account team to execute customer specific initiatives which deliver unique value through the execution of client specific business plans, service timelines, and corporate communications.
- Coordinates and oversees the renewal process, including marketing activities, understanding underwriting and renewal development, and negotiating on behalf of client.
- Ensures accuracy of all agency management system information for marketing, benchmarking and other purposes.
- Updates on-going activity in agency management system.
- Maintains relationships with internal and external business partners and carriers.
- Assists in workflow review and improvement initiatives; Provides training.
- Some client travel is expected in this role.
Candidates must have a Life & Health license, agency level EB Account Manager experience with groups over 51 lives; knowledge of self-funded accounts desired. Must have refined Client facing skills and be comfortable with C Suite decision makers.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com or call 425-298-0278. The client would like to hire right away.