Location: Redmond, WA
Work Type: Remote (must reside in the Pacific or Mountain time zone only)
Salary: $50,000 to $65,000 + policy bonus
Category: Personal Lines
If you have experience working for an insurance agency as a licensed Personal Lines Account Manager or CSR, and you want to work remotely, and you live in one of the Pacific or Mountain time zone states, my client wants to talk to you.
My client is a National Brokerage with offices throughout the country. This position works out of their Western Washington branch. Working hours are Mon to Fri 8 am to 5 pm Pacific Standard Time. This position is remote only for candidates who reside in the Pacific or Mountain time zones. The team has one Producer, 2 Account Managers, and they are looking for their 3rd team member. They can hire a seasoned Personal Lines Account Manager who has worked in an independent agency, or they can hire a more junior level assistant who has their P & C license and has at least 1 year of experience as a CSR as a Direct writer who wants to accelerate their career.
The company offers a salary of $50,000 to $65,000 depending on your Carrier coverage knowledge, a great work culture, full benefits, generous PTO, and retirement. All IT needed to do the job will be provided by the employer.
You will work with established customers and will also quote new business as it comes in from referrals or agency marketing. You will do renewals, and policy changes, advise on risk strategy options and round out accounts. If you are not quite to the full account manager level yet, you will work as an assistant to the 2 Senior Account Managers to allow you to come up to speed on the book so that you can grow into a full-cycle Account Manager.
EPIC software is used in a paperless office. New business and account rounding is generously rewarded with a bonus per policy written. ($10/policy if $1000 or less; $25/policy if over $1000).
The book is a mix of standard and some High Net-worth business.
Key job tasks that you will do on your own, or will support the 2 Senior Account Managers with:
- Responds to client requests for policy changes, billing inquiries and verification of coverage. Ensures that these items are given to client in a timely manner. Initiates appropriate correspondence with carriers and clients.
- Maintains follow-up and suspense files on outstanding orders, correspondence, claims, and renewal expirations. Completes overdue and suspense items.
- Secures documentation needed to be retained by the agency including signed applications, replacement cost estimates, rejection of coverage and confirmation of orders.
- Develops complete client information and applications for new and renewal business. Markets to insurance carriers and prepares proposals. Compares coverage forms with review by Account Executive if needed.
- Prepares Renewal Questionnaire for clients including follow up on responses received.
- Follows company procedures with respect to all essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Manages the accounts receivable on the book of business to assure timely collection of premiums. Reconciles accounting discrepancies. Follow up on aged trial balances. Involve Producer when necessary.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellation and acts to retain the account. If unable, secures Lost Policy Releases and follows through to policy cancellation.
- Refers current and prospective clients to other Agency departments for solicitation of other lines of business.
Candidates need to have a P & C license along with at least 1 year of experience in an insurance agency doing CSR or Account Management work. Knowledge of independent Carriers is a huge plus. Preference for EPIC or Sagitta or AMS360 agency management software experience and will train on EPIC if needed. Need to be proficient with MS Office. You must live in one of the Pacific or Mountain time zone states to be a remote worker for this agency.
The company is looking to hire ASAP. To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.