Location: Lake Oswego, OR
Work Type: Hybrid after the training period (3 days office/2 days home)
Salary: $55,000 to $70,000 depending on insurance experience
Category: Employee Benefits
If you are looking for an office admin/customer support role with no weekends, my client’s new Group Benefits Assistant role is for you. This is a rare opportunity to be trained on the job in Employee Benefits (Health benefits that employers offer to their employees). This is a career position, not just another admin job.
My client is a National Insurance Brokerage with offices throughout the USA. This role is in their Group Benefits division and works out of their Lake Oswego, OR office on a hybrid schedule, 3 days in the office/2 from home once you have learned the systems and workflow procedures.
You will be working as the “right hand” to the Small Business Account Executive who will teach you the business. You will be helping her with a wide variety of admin and client support tasks to free her up to be able to bring in more new business accounts and do employee meetings. The accounts are businesses that have 50 or less employees. You will work with major Insurance Carriers such as Regence, Premera, and Kaiser. You will provide client advocacy to HR Managers and other stakeholders to help them manage their benefits programs.
Once trained, you will be helping the AE with these types of activities:
- Manage day-to-day service including claims, billing, eligibility, and service issues.
- Updates BenefitPoint in a timely manner including updates to on-going activity.
- Conducts quarterly service status calls to assigned book of business clients.
- Conducts implementation activities for new and existing clients.
- Oversees installation of the group on renewal.
- Assists in completion and processing of applications
- Schedules and helps AE to prepare for open enrollment meetings.
- Collects forms/data/schedules for regulatory compliance.
- Finalizes enrollment with carrier and report results to AE
- Updates agency management system within 30 days after sale or renewal.
The company offers a good salary, benefits, free parking, flexible schedule, and on the job training. You just need to bring your Excel and Word skills, be coachable, detail-oriented, have good phone etiquette, and be able to self-resource and be a good problem solver. They will pay for you to get your Oregon Life & Health license within the first year, but it is not a requirement to be hired.
Candidates need to have worked in a fast-paced office or similar customer service setting for at least 2 years post high school. You must be comfortable picking up the phone to talk with Insurance Carriers, insureds, and internal team members. You need to be able to figure out who to call when you don’t know the answer, and you need to be able to have patience, the ability to work quickly from task to task using email and Excel as well as other benefits software. Any previous experience with heath care insurance or employee benefits is a huge plus!
The client wants to hire right away so that you can be fully trained up by the busy Q4 season.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.