Location: San Francisco, CA (remote in the state of California only)
Salary: $85,000 to $90,000 + bonus
Category: Employee Benefits
If you are an experienced Employee Benefits Account Manager with insurance agency or brokerage experience with groups up to100 lives, you live in California, and you want to work fully remote, this role is for you!
My client is a $1.3 Billion dollar full service insurance brokerage with offices in key metropolitan cities in the USA. There are about 600 employees and they are headquartered in California and they are growing quickly. They offer a fully remote role with all IT provided and they help pay for your monthly personal cell phone use. Benefits are fully paid by the employer for the employee, and there is unlimited PTO as well as 401K with profit sharing.
This is a newly created position where you will be managing about 75 groups that range from 2 to 100 lives and your book will be about $750K to $1MM in annual revenue. The majority of the groups are located in California. You will be the group’s primary contact and you will handle all parts of the renewal including spreading rates and conducting the employee benefits meetings. You will also act as a claims advocate to facilitate Carrier and group communication. Carriers you will work with on a regular basis include the Blues, Kaiser, Cigna, and UHC. Technology used includes SalesForce, Ease, Excel, Slack, and a variety of other web tools.
Key job duties include:
• Build relationships with small group (2-100 lives) clients and carrier partners.
• Serve as the primary contact for group clients
• Manage client project plans and leading client calls for small group.
• Assist with client meeting deliverables and actively participate in the meetings.
• Support operational relationships with carriers, third-party administrators, and other stakeholders.
• Manage the annual client calendar including renewal and marketing processes for small group clients.
• Assist in managing wholesale account and retail account client renewal cycles.
• Conduct small group client open enrollment meetings.
• Manage escalated and complex small group client issues with minimal guidance.
• Manage product and carrier implementations.
• Coordinate the management of client technology solutions alongside the EB Technology team and have basic knowledge of systems.
• Review and contribute to small group client communications.
• Responsible for staying abreast of latest compliance and benefit trends.
• Conduct final review to ensure accuracy of compliance deliverables (5500s, SPD Wraps, annual notices, ACA, etc.).
• Review and oversee outsourced tasks before distribution to the client.
Candidates need to have a California resident Life & Health license and at least 3 years of employee benefits account manager experience at the agency level with groups up to 100 lives. You must have a dedicated distraction free workspace with reliable internet for this role.
Note: Remote candidates can only live in California. No other states will be considered.
The client would like to start their new Account Manager ASAP.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.