Anchorage, AK (work remote as long as you live in AK or live in Pacific or Mountain time zones)
$70,000 to $80,000
If you love to work with challenging, large, complex insurance risks, this new Commercial Lines Account Manager role is for you.
My client is an Alaska brokerage and this book supports their largest and most prestigious accounts. The book will be around $500K in revenue and the agency uses EPIC. You will be one of 2 Senior Account Managers who support the Senior Broker. You will cover for each other for vacations etc. These accounts are a mix of oil field trucking/transportation, large auto dealerships, energy companies, construction, real estate, and other independent Alaska businesses. You will handle the entire renewal as well as Underwriter negotiations and re-marketing when necessary. You will work closely with the Producer to produce the renewal proposal so that he can deliver it to the client. You will be supported by Junior Account Managers who will handle smaller service tasks and requests.
You can choose to work from one of their Alaska offices, or you can work from your home office. You need to be able to work Alaska hours to support the Producer and customer’s needs. There is a strong preference for candidates to live in Alaska, or live in the Pacific or Mountain time zones.
To be considered for this role, you need to have experience with the following:
- Perform insurance functions necessary to support the agency to include, but not limited to, processing claims, premiums, refunds, billings, file maintenance, policy changes, audits, new business & renewals.
- Manages the insurance renewal and marketing calendar for 80-100 accounts, generally mid to larger sized accounts, or a book revenue of $450,000 over.
- Provide technical assistance, marketing and direct account services to Account Executive or servicing team.
- Serve as Account Executive on smaller accounts as determined by lead Account Executive/Producer.
- Perform claim review, marketing and billing processes.
- Initiate renewal procedures for existing accounts.
- Experienced with a full range of insurance service and processing functions.
- Strong command or wide range of commercial insurance coverages and markets.
- Advanced user of agency management system (EPIC) and IR.
- Communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, clients and insurance companies regarding insurance programs.
- Must have a good understanding of the insurance companies for placement of coverage through the marketing process.
- Assist with training of new Customer Service Representatives & Account Manager I & II, and assist in the duties of the Account Executive in his/her absence.
- Perform review of the clients account to determine gaps in coverage.
- Cross sell other insurance products offered by the agency.
- Completes surplus lines filings.
- Makes visits to clients as requested by producer.
- Assists Producer/AE or other AMs on the team with client servicing needs on other accounts.
- Responds to client and carrier questions and service needs via telephone, email or mail. Fully understands the role and functions of the commercial insurance broker.
The brokerage offers a rich benefits package, generous vacation, and excellent career growth/stability. Candidates need to have at least 10 years of progressively responsible Commercial Lines Account Manager experience with at least 5 years of large risk account management. Insurance Summaries use Excel tables extensively in this role. Insurance certifications such as CIC, CISR, etc are a huge plus.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com or call 425-298-0278.