Anchorage, AK or work from home
$50,000 to $60,000 DOE
My client is a well-established insurance brokerage in Anchorage, AK. They are looking for an experienced Commercial Lines Account Manager to service the book and also to work with Underwriters to re-market as needed. Accounts will be a mix of nonprofit, technology, real estate and other Alaska independent businesses. These are well established clients. Many have been with the firm for 20 years. You will be in a client facing role and will handle the renewals from start to finish with the aid of a producer only if needed. The brokerage uses EPIC as their agency management system.
You can work from the local Anchorage, Alaska office, or from your home based office, however, you will need to work with the Alaska time zone to support insured’s needs, as such, the client has a strong preference for candidates that are located either in Alaska, or in the Pacific, or Mountain time zones.
The company offers a wide array of benefit options and they pay for all continuing education and certifications.
You need to be able to perform the following tasks to be considered for this role:
- Perform insurance functions necessary to support the agency to include, but not limited to, processing claims, premiums, refunds, billings, file maintenance, policy changes, audits, new business & renewals.
- Strong command of a full range of commercial insurance coverages
- Good command of commercial markets
- Advanced user of agency management system (EPIC), IR or similar systems at other brokers.
- Manages the insurance renewal and marketing calendar for 50-120 accounts, or a book revenue of $250,000 to $450,000.
- Ability to enter data into Accord forms and carrier websites and communicate with underwriters.
- Manage a full load of accounts as an Account Manager, including handling all service requests, marketing coverages, reviewing quotes, creating proposals and binding coverage.
- Resolve client-billing questions and follow up on collection of premium.
- Review non-standard certificate requests from the client.
- Complete necessary surplus line filings.
- Review list of accounts that renew in 120 day for marketing decisions.
- Serve as Account Executive on smaller “C” accounts.
- Communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, clients and insurance companies regarding insurance programs.
- Must have a good understanding of the insurance companies for placement of coverage through the marketing process.
Candidates need to have a P & C license and at least 4 years of agency experience as a Commercial Account Manager. Strong Excel proficiency is also required in order to create tables for Insurance Summaries as part of the renewal proposal.
The client would like to hire ASAP. This is a good mid-career role that will prepare you for a Senior Account Manager role in the future.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.