Lake Oswego, OR
$60,000 to $75,000 DOE
Are you feeling under-appreciated at your current agency? If you are an experienced commercial lines account manager and you want to work in the Lake Oswego area, my client wants to talk to you!
My client is a growing independent retail insurance agency located in Lake Oswego, OR. They are looking to hire another commercial account manager. The book will be about $300K in revenue and will support producers who write a wide range of business risks. You will be quoting a good deal of new business as well as working on renewals. This position requires a generalist knowledge in commercial coverages and the ability to be the main point of contact on a renewal from start to finish. You will also have the help of a commercial assistant and will be asked to accompany producers to the client site as needed for pre-renewal meetings. The agency uses EPIC, offers a competitive salary and full benefits/retirement. This is a Mon to Fri FT permanent in-office position with free parking. The agency is family friendly and has a fun spirited work atmosphere.
Key job responsibilities:
- Act as a team member in assisting the Producers in the selling and maintenance of Commercial Lines business.
- Assist Producers with new business marketing process. This may include completing applications, marketing the submissions, carrier online rating, creating proposals, new policy set up, billings and binders. Communicate with prospects for any missing information.
- Responsible for the renewal process on existing accounts. This may include producing summaries, customer visits, completing applications, marketing, proposals, billings and binders. Communicate with clients for any missing information.
- Account Development. In addition to new business, familiarize oneself with other lines the agency could write. Work with other department personnel to accomplish this.
- Other duties may include certificates of insurance, binders, requesting endorsements, follow up on underwriting requests from companies, follow up on service requests from customers (billing questions, cancellation requests, auto ID cards, etc), quality checking policies and endorsements.
- Responsible for collection of agency bill premiums for policies, endorsements and audits.
- Use the Applied EPIC system to maintain a current suspense system, by use of Activities.
- Use the Applied EPIC system to document all transactions and communications.
- Utilize company interface programs as respects rating, policy and endorsement processing. Attend training sessions, if needed, to keep current on these programs.
- Assist in training other personnel if needed.
- Perform additional assigned duties as requested.
- Attend continuing education classes to maintain Property & Casualty license.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and follow the Code of Ethics as set forth by the agency.
- Work toward CIC designation within 3 years of hire date.
Candidates need to have an OR P & C license and experience working in an independent agency with a generalist knowledge of all commercial coverages. Strong attention to detail, good MS office skills, and knowledge of EPIC or a related agency system is required.
The company is looking to hire ASAP.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.