Lake Oswego, OR
$70,000 to $75,000 + commission on new business (estimated at $10,000+)
If you are looking for more than just a regular “run of the mill” insurance agency Employee Benefits Account Manager role, my client’s new position combining both service and sales could be your next home!
My client is a full service brokerage located in Lake Oswego, OR. They are looking for a licensed, experienced Employee Benefits Producer/Account Manager “hybrid” to manage their existing book of groups of 75 lives or less. You will spend about 85% of your time doing full cycle Employee Benefits Account Management including all pre-renewal paperwork, spreadsheets, and employee benefits meetings, and 15% of your time doing new business sales. The Producers will be handing over “soft leads” that have been tee’d up so that you will be able to seamlessly take over to quote and enroll the group. You will receive commission on all groups that you close. It is estimated that you should make at least another $10,000 to $15,000 in commissions during your first year based on current production metrics. Your salary will be trued up each year to align with the growth of the book. This is a W2 role with full benefits. You will work in the office the majority of the time in order to manage the accounts and you will travel to do client visits for renewal meetings as well as post installment employee meetings.
Specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for small group sales, promotion of COI, referral relationships, and the promotion of carrier relationships.
- Responsible for primary customer service which includes open, clear and timely communication channels with clients, producers and internal partners.
- Attend client meetings on site at their location(s). On occasion overnight travel may be required.
- As needed prepare materials for client meetings including but not limited to proposals, agendas, reports, calendars, etc.
- Regular client interaction as established by the agency and renewal review timeline.
- Client contact will include all methods: electronic, telephonic and in person.
- Educate, advise, and aid clients on all Compliance topics including, but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500s and Health Care Reform.
- Communicate due dates, timelines and expectation to clients and partners.
- Prepare new group insurance contracts for existing clients or new clients effectively utilizing resources to match client needs.
- Administer renewals including preparing appropriate contractual changes.
- Conduct on-site meetings to communicate to employees and/or administrator about their benefit plans and web portals.
- Provide resolution support and oversight of employee issues such as enrollment and billing issues.
- Required to attend producer meetings to discuss renewals.
Experience required for this role (no exceptions)
- Must have minimum of 2 years of insurance agency sales/service experience in an Employee Benefits Department
- Must know how to do a group renewal start to finish including spreading rates in Excel without supervision
- Must have working knowledge of the ACA for groups under 100 lives
- Must currently hold OR Life and Heath license
The client is looking to hire ASAP. Interviews are starting now.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.