Downtown Seattle, WA
$40,000 to $55,000
Description:Are you interested in starting or accelerating your career in Employee Benefits? If you answered, yes, then my client’s entry level large group admin support role is for you!
My client is an employee benefits powerhouse with an excellent reputation and dedication to superior client service. This is the junior career stepping stone for the Large Group Dept. You will be trained in house on the ABC’s of employee benefits (benefits that large companies offer their employees such as medical, dental, etc). You will train/mentor under one of the Senior Account Managers and the other Account Coordinator. Once you have the administrative basics down, you will start the Life and Disability license process so that you can interact with customers and answer policy questions.
The company has lovely downtown Seattle skyline views, is located right on the bus line and provides an ORCA card, and offers excellent benefits. This is a permanent 100% in-office role with Mon to Fri hours. Flexible start times can be accommodated for commute needs. Dress code is business professional.
Here’s what your day will look like:
• Prepare Request for Proposals for various products
• Data entry and spreadsheet preparation, including:
- Employee Assistance Programs, COBRA services, Flexible Spending Accounts, etc. (rate and cost illustrations, summary of services, confirmations, etc.)
- Contractual and benefit/services comparisons for alternate plans/vendors
- Periodic client reports
- Bench marking
• Update and assemble client communication/open enrollment materials
• Coordinate updates to client websites and intra-company departments
• Review Summary Plan Descriptions and Contracts for accuracy and prepare correspondence documenting necessary changes
• Edit and assemble various client PowerPoint presentations
• Peer review client deliverables or materials for accuracy
• Respond to client inquiries on billing, eligibility and benefit issues
• Research compliance questions and prepare responses
• Assist with client employee benefit and/or industry survey projects
• Schedule and coordinate vendor presentations
This position requires strong admin skills using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint at an intermediate or higher level (you will be tested) as well as accuracy, detail, ability to multi-task, and work to tight deadlines. You must also be able to write well with no grammar and spelling errors. The client prefers a college degree, but equivalent post high school office or customer service experience with confidential type information will be accepted. Exposure to the employee benefits industry is strongly preferred.
To obtain your L & D license candidates must be able to pass a felony background check. The client prefers a stable job history showing progression with admin related work since college or high school.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.