$75,000 to $90,000 DOE
Description:If you are an experienced HR Generalist and you really excel in fostering employee relations while still emphasizing the need to follow standards and policies, and you want to work with a lot of autonomy, this could be your new job!
My client is a National Insurance Brokerage with offices in major cities throughout the USA. This role is responsible for the Seattle branch which has approximately 85 employees across Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, and Employee Benefits practices. The role requires a person who can sense the needs of the various stake holders both those that are owner/managers and those who are supporting them throughout the sales process. The brokerage is fast paced, progressive, and well respected in the community for its innovative risk management strategies and programs across many different business sectors ranging from high tech to nonprofits.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing employee relations issues, staying on top of compliance and other legal work issues specific to the Seattle market, and you will participate in helping to foster mentoring and continuing education programs for junior staff. You will also participate in hiring, performance reviews, improvement plans, and employee terminations. Your goal is to help facilitate productive relationships with producers, their support staff, and team leaders.
This is a Mon to Fri in office role. The firm offers a rich benefits package with a strong retirement plan retirement, profit sharing, ORCA card, and paid employee development/continuing education classes. The office has lovely views of downtown Seattle and is right on the bus line for easy commuting by train, bus, or ferry.
Job specifics look like this:
• Collaborate with HR team in development, implementation, and communication of corporate HR policies, procedures, programs and activities.
• Assist in managing routine to complex employee relations issues in the Seattle office. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations and partner with HR Manager to recommend appropriate action to resolve the issues.
• Support recruiting: draft effective job postings, source, screen candidates’ resumes and schedule interviews for hiring managers.
• Prepare schedule and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first day experience.
• Manage administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews.
• Assist HR Coordinator with time sheet approval for the Seattle location.
• Notify corporate HR of leave of absence requests, including medical leaves (STD and FMLA) and non-medical leaves. Serve as the on-site point of contact to ensure leave is tracked properly and disability claim documentation is presented to the employee.
• Assist with staying up to date on changes in Federal, State and Local employment law, legal requirements and reporting regulations.
• Liaison with HR Manager and Outside Counsel as needed on employment matters, including Breach of Contract matters with ex-employers.
• Establish and maintain professional relationships with staff at all levels of the organization.
• Understand Performance and Growth Plan and assist managers with questions.
• Build trust and rapport with all levels of staff in order to become a trusted HR asset within the company.
• Support change management by communicating the how and why behind the change with a positive interface.
• Hire, mentor and supervise the Seattle administration staff.
• Accountability for the Seattle office operational expenses.
• Liaison with third parties such as the City on employee related matters, including ORCA passes.
• Coordinate with social committee to acknowledge anniversaries, birthdays, wedding, births, etc.
Background to be considered for the role:
• Bachelor’s degree in HR or Business, plus five years of human resources experience in a sales-driven office setting.
• Office and/or administrative management experience of admin staff.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
• Possess knowledge and experience necessary for independent decision making and problem solving.
• Possess a supportive and responsive manner with internal staff/team.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.