Location: Eugene, OR
Salary: $50,000 to $65,000
Category: Commercial Lines
Do you live in the Eugene, Oregon area, enjoy doing commercial insurance account management work, but are starting to feel like it might be time to change agencies? If you want to be part of a growing team that values your opinion and promotes new ideas, you owe it to yourself to check out this new position.
My client is a Eugene independent insurance agency. You will be part of their Senior Living Team. These are multi-state risks requiring knowledge in property, GL, professional lines coverages, work comp, and habitational. They want to hire a new Account Manager due to the rapid growth of this vertical.
The agency offers excellent benefits, retirement, generous PTO, and lots of career growth. This is a great career-building role. The firm offers paid continuing education and certifications and encourages their staff to become strong technical resources for their insureds. The agency uses EPIC and is paperless.
Your day will look like this:
- Develops complete client information and applications for new and renewal business under the direction of the Producer, Senior Account Executive, or Account Executive.
- Identifies and requests renewal exposures.
- Guides clients through the renewal process, in conjunction with the Producer, Senior Account Executive, or Account Executive, and submits requests to carriers according to the renewal process timetable, follows up with carrier underwriters and completes the appropriate renewal per Agency procedures.
- Processes change requests/endorsements, binders, certificates, account summaries, proposals, policies, lost policy releases, audit, and account balance status when requested. Ensures that these items are given to the client in a timely manner.
- Initiates appropriate correspondence with carriers and clients. Responds to requests from clients and insurance companies.
- Maintains files with proper records according to company procedures.
- Assists in the development of strong business relationships with appropriate insurance carrier personnel.
- Ensures accuracy of account information for both new and renewal policies, endorsements, and audits for accuracy in rating, coverage, signatures, and enters these transactions to generate billing invoices in a timely manner.
- Reviews all premium audits according to Agency procedures recognizing that the Agency must process in a timely manner.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellation and follows cancellation procedures accordingly.
Candidates need to have an OR P & C license and at least 3 years of middle market Commercial Lines Account Manager experience in an independent agency. Coverage knowledge desired includes, Property, GL, Professional Liability (D & O and EPL primarily), and Habitational. Any insurance certifications are a huge plus.
The client prefers to hire people with a reasonable commute to the Eugene area. This is an in-office full time Mon to Fri job. Candidates moving to the area within the next 30 to 45 days are also encouraged to apply.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com or call 425-298-0278.