Downtown Seattle, WA
$70,000 to $90,000+ DOE
My client, a downtown Seattle, well-respected boutique insurance brokerage with locations across the country, is looking to add a new commercial account manager to their Technology and Life Sciences Team. The book has a heavy wholesale component and requires strong knowledge in E & O and D & O coverage lines. You will support one senior producer and will work on a 3 to 4 person team. The Account Manager is responsible for day-to-day client service, which includes providing advice and guidance and working with insurance company underwriters and marketing renewals. The office uses EPIC and is paperless.
The company offers strong career growth, generous salary, bonus, retirement, ORCA card, and fun upbeat work setting with a commitment to work/life balance.
Your day will look like this:
- Manage and maintain existing commercial accounts
- Compose professional correspondence via letter, email, and/or fax
- Handle telephone calls and correspondence, responding timely to all requests and inquiries from companies and clients
- Review policies and endorsements for accuracy and ensure timely delivery to the insured
- Process policy changes utilizing internal and external systems and processes
- Prepare Certificates of Insurance, forms, ID cards, audits, and other policy documents.
- Prepare and process invoices, correct accounting discrepancies, and maintain correct accounting information for each account
- Market and negotiate renewals with companies
- Counsel and advise client on coverage and exposure, recommending and placing additional coverage as needed
- Review leases, contracts, and financial statements related to the client’s insurance
- Review and discuss loss control recommendations with the client
- Provide guidance and assistance to the insured for claims, and monitor claims as outlined by agency procedures
- Communicate claims information to others in the agency, and maintain up-to-date claims information in the system
- Must be a licensed Property/Casualty agent; designations of CPCU, RPLU, ARM and CIC. are a plus
- Must possess a professional demeanor and have strong verbal and written communications skills, including strong time management and organization skills
- Experience in Professional Liability coverage lines: E & O and D & O desired. Experience with International coverages strongly desired
- 7 to 10 years of experience handling middle market and larger commercial accounts is preferred; must know how to manage a renewal start to finish.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.
Out of state candidates moving to the Seattle area within the next 30 days are encouraged to apply.