Downtown Seattle, WA
$45,000 to $55,000 DOE
If you have been working in insurance and are just waiting for a chance to move over to a large Accounts Commercial Lines team, this new agency role could be just what you are looking for!
My client is a large brokerage located in downtown Seattle right on the bus line. This is a junior Account Manager role on their Tribal Team. You will learn the nuances of Tribal insurance directly from the team leader as well as from the Account Managers. You will assist with creating and maintaining all of the necessary documents needed for renewals on policies throughout the year. You will be involved with Tribal insureds ranging from police, schools, hotels, casinos, environmental, workers compensation, and various professional and legal firms.
The job requires strong admin skills, attention to detail, ability to use Excel and other Microsoft Office products, and a genuine desire to want to help the client over the phone, in person, or over email in a timely professional manner. This is an hourly full time in-office Mon to Fri role with occasional OT during busy renewal periods. After training is completed, you can work one day/week from home to allow you to have a more flexible schedule. There is a full benefits package with $100/month towards an ORCA card.
This is a highly visible growth-oriented role. The last person who started in this role on this team was promoted to a full Account Manager in only 2.5 years! The company will pay for you to get licensed if you do not already have your P & C.
Here’ s an overview of the position:
- Assists with the Work Comp (WC) Renewal process by sending a request to the Insured along with WC Supplemental Application. Once received back updates Acord Application and sends Acord Application and completed Supplemental to Carrier.
- Starts WC Proposal. Once quote received from carrier completes Proposal and gives copy to Producer and/or Account Manager (AM) for review. Once okayed, prints out proposals for Producer.
- When receives Authorization to Bind, sends to carrier to bind.
- Sends installment WC Invoices to Insured.
- Sends WC Audit letters to Insured for Semi Annual and Final Audits. Once received back from Insured does a pre-calculation to determine if the audit has a large return or a large additional premium. If there is a large discrepancy than what was originally estimated, then lets the AM know, otherwise sends to carrier.
- Processes Workers’ Compensation Policies (POLR) in accordance with company procedures, checks renewal WC policies received from carriers for accuracy (PCHK) Notifies AM of any discrepancies. Readies and emails (POLI) to Insured with proper language.
- Assists with the issuance of Renewal Certificates of Insurance; prints and distributes certificates. Shows to AM for confirmation to send out. Sends copies of Certificates to Insured along with Auto ID Card if needed. (usually emailed).
- Assists with daily certificate requests using CSR 24 for issuance.
- Attaches Claim Acknowledgements to the customer in TAM.(Company CRM) Attaches Claim Closures to the customer in TAM. Attaches any other letter involving claims to customer in TAM. May report claim to carrier
- Follows-up on delayed new, renewal and change requests from carriers
- Attaches Tribal Mail to customers in TAM, sets follow-up to AM and directs to the AM if needed.
- Processes Change Requests for AM to carrier.
- Processes and attaches endorsements
- Will maintain Direct Bill policies, policy checking etc.(Flood Policies) and will as directed by the AM learn how to market, maintain some ancillary policies such as Pollution.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of communication pertaining to client’s insurance program.
- Follows established guidelines for workflow and system documentation
- Assist Account Manager and/or Tribal Manager with Renewal Process and special projects as needed.
- Consistently meets all company established Quality Control Practices and Timelines
- Manages & maintains individual Washington Producer’s License by attending appropriate CE classes.
- Will attend meeting with Tribal Team to learn technical skills of the Tribal program as needed.
Candidates need to have worked in insurance ideally in a commercial department and having your P & C license is preferred. Candidates who worked in personal lines or on the carrier side are also encouraged to apply.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.
The client wants to start someone within the next 30 days.