$60,000 to $80,000 DOE
If you are working at an employee benefits insurance agency as an Account Manager and feel under-appreciated, consider joining my client who is growing and looking to add another team-minded person to their Employee Benefits Department.
My client is located in downtown Seattle on the bus line. This is a mostly in-office Mon to Fri role. You will be working on groups from 50 to 250 lives and will be responsible for the renewal from start to finish including the spreading of rates and the employee benefits meeting. Your book will be primarily fully insured business. You will be taking direction from the Account Executives for benefits strategy, however, you will have a lot of autonomy with your accounts and will be their primary contact for day to day service needs.
Specific responsibilities include:
- In conjunction with the Account Executive (AE), manage the client relationship and client service activities
- Interface effectively and confidently with clients at the HR Manager/Director level as well as the HR Benefit support level to understand the customer’s overall objectives and requirements to assist in managing and servicing the benefit plan
- Ensure all services are implemented according to established project plans and all client deliverables meet quality standards
- At the direction of the AE, provide technical and non-technical leadership throughout all phases of the client service life cycle (plan, design, integrate, install, manage) on all client work and deliverables
- Strategic approach for new and renewing plans
- Pre-renewal and renewal timelines, project plans, meetings and presentations
- Renewal, RFP and marketing process, including carrier selection, plan design, and financial negotiations
- Compliance requirements and issues, including SPD wrap documents, 5500 filings, PPACA, etc.
- Carrier and vendor management
- Creation and coordination of employee communications
- All aspects of executing Open Enrollment
- Input and updating of agency management systems and electronic files
- Serve as the main client contact for issues or activities that the customer encounters with benefits programs and services
- Develop mutually beneficial relationships with insurance carriers to generate optimal results for clients
- Handle basic underwriting and funding issues and strategies. Escalate or request direction from AE on more complex situations
- Attend industry functions and participate in relevant industry training to maintain an extensive knowledge of insurance coverage and markets
The company offers lots of career growth and pays for continuing education and certifications, provides excellent benefits and an ESOP plan for retirement. They also have flexible start times and provide a company paid ORCA card.
Candidates need to have their WA L & D license and at least 3 years of agency employee benefits account manager experience working with groups of 50 or more lives. Excellent Excel skills are required along with good problem solving and communication skills. Out of state candidates moving to the Seattle area in the next 30 to 45 days are encouraged to apply.
Please email your resume to email@example.com or call 425-298-0278. The company is looking to hire ASAP.