$45,000 to $60,000
If you are interested in taking the next step in your insurance career and want to learn about Construction and Marine Insurance, my clients new role could be a great fit!
My client is offering a very rare opportunity to join their Commercial Construction practice group as an Assistant Account Manager. If needed, they will pay for you to obtain your P & C license and will teach you the fundamentals of Construction and Marine Business Insurance. These are well-established large complex coverages and you will work on a team with tenured insurance professionals who will provide mentorship and career guidance. The position is open due to promotion and department growth.
Hours are Mon to Fri 8:30 am to 5 pm with an hour for lunch. The office has lovely downtown Seattle skyline views and they are right on the bus line. An ORCA card is also provided. Compensation includes salary, benefits, retirement, and paid licensing, and continuing education/insurance certifications. The goal of this role is to give you the necessary tools to become an Account Manager in the future.
You will go through your licensing/training class during the first 60 days, and then as your skills grow, you will have these job duties:
- Direct contact with customers as required to service their insurance program
- Accurate and timely issuance of certificates of insurance
- Management of policy information
- Processing endorsements and change requests
- Ordering loss runs
- Preparing auto ID cards
- Other clerical tasks as required by the Account Manager or Account Executive
Candidates with a BS/BA degree are preferred, but agency or Carrier experience will be considered in lieu of degree. Must have strong Word/Excel and office skills, be able to work quickly/accurately, have good grammar/spelling ability, and be able to multi-task. Insurance experience is preferred, but will train the right person.
Soft skills that are needed for success include:
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight timeliness while remaining detail-focused
- Professional level interpersonal skills, including relationship-building skills with clients and co-workers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly
- High level analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to set priorities with multiple account managers in order to meet deadlines
- Commitment to providing best-in-class customer service
- High level of integrity
- Highly motivated, with positive attitude and personal initiative
The client is looking to hire ASAP and is beginning interviews this week.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.