Downtown Seattle, WA
$45K to $49K plus year-end bonus
Are you ready to take the next step in your insurance career?
My client is a national commercial insurance wholesaler. They are looking to add an experienced commercial assistant in their downtown Seattle office. You will assist the Associate Broker (AB), Broker or Practice Group Leader in meeting the day-to-day technical and clerical needs of the department. You will help to process new and renewal business. This role requires the ability to work in a fast paced office setting with lots of computer systems and heavy client demands. It is not their entry level role. This position requires some insurance knowledge (1 to 3 years) and a P & C license.
The client offers a competitive starting salary and generous year-end bonus, great learning culture, paid continuing education/certification classes, opportunity for promotion based on work quality, full benefits, bus pass/ORCA card, and gorgeous skyline Seattle views. This is a Mon to Fri in-office permanent role.
Your day will look like this:
• Meet quality measurement goals by delivering high quality service in servicing assigned clients and accounts. Ensure all file activity
meets or exceeds quality procedures with regard to timeliness, accuracy of policies, endorsements, subjectivities, and all other active
and expired file correspondence and documentation
• Works with Production Assistant in preparing Quotes and Confirmation of Coverage (Binders)
• Manage and maintain suspenses (Pending Items that we are waiting for from retailers and carriers), including following up on items and
escalating unresolved issues to the broker or Associate Broker when necessary
• Ensure Surplus Line documents are submitted correctly and on time
• Continue learning and increase system skills to improve efficiency
• Attend educational seminars, as required and work on obtaining designations
• Produce and mail renewal letters with applications to customers when applicable
• Review renewal and/or new business information submitted by the customer and request supplemental or explanatory information if required,
• Provide input to departmental procedures
• Assist with accounting reconciliation projects
• Work closely with Production Team Lead and assigned Broker(s) in identifying other projects where skills, experience and knowledge can be
• Assist in handling duties of team members, as appropriate, during absences
Candidates need to have at least one year of insurance and have a P & C license. You must have excellent keyboarding and MS Office skills, and thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking work setting. This is a long-term career position with lots of growth and mentoring.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com or call 425-298-0278.