downtown Seattle, WA
$40,000 to $48,000 DOE
If you are looking to expand your commercial lines experience and want to work in a service role where you get to build long-term close relationships with your customers and your underwriters, then you should consider this role.
My client, a large insurance brokerage located in downtown Seattle, is looking for a new team member for their growing Property and Real Estate division. You will begin as an Assistant which will give you the skills and additional insurance knowledge to manage your own accounts in the future. You will support one broker who works remotely. The office is right in the heart of the city with gorgeous skyline views. They offer an ORCA card so you can commute via bus or train. This is an entry level full time permanent role with hourly pay and full benefits. Hours are Mon to Fri 8:30 am to 5 pm with 1 hour for lunch. The firm offers a good starting pay, excellent benefits, career mentorship, and paid continuing education/certifications.
This is a rare opportunity to learn a new line of coverage and train under an experienced Account Executive who has a true gift for teaching the business. The current Account Manager started in this Assistant role only 3 years ago! There is a lot of opportunity for growth!
Your day will look like this:
• Direct contact with customers as required to service their insurance program
• Accurate and timely issuance of certificates of insurance
• Management of policy information
• Processing endorsements and change requests
• Ordering loss runs
• Preparing auto ID cards
• Other clerical tasks as required by the Account Manager or Account Executive
• BS/BA degree preferred
• 1-3 years of insurance industry experience related to servicing accounts is ideal
• Knowledge of insurance and/or brokerage business and an understanding of principles and processes of business management preferred
• If unlicensed, you must obtain insurance license within 60 days of hire and retain license by meeting continuing education requirements
• Expertise in personal computer skills with knowledge of Excel and Word expected, prior experience working in a paperless environment preferred
Desired Personal Characteristics
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and tight timelines while remaining detail-focused
• Professional level interpersonal skills, including relationship-building skills with clients and co-workers
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly
• High level analytical and critical thinking skills
• Ability to set priorities with multiple account managers in order to meet deadlines
• Commitment to providing best-in-class customer service
• High level of integrity
• Highly motivated, with positive attitude and personal initiative
The client is looking to hire right away. Interviews are starting now.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com or call 425-298-0278.