Greater Portland area
$60,000 to $70,000 (includes profit sharing)
If you are an experienced Commercial Lines Account Manager with a knack for handling Transportation accounts, this could be your new agency home!
Due to continued growth, my client, an independent full service insurance agency located in the greater Portland area, needs to add a new Transportation Account Manager to support their Producer who is writing business like crazy in this market niche. The book is about $300K revenue and growing fast. You will be working on both new and renewal business. You will market new accounts and work with Underwriters to come up with creative solutions for your commercial auto clients. There will be a mix of long and short haul truckers and other miscellaneous transportation risks. The agency uses EPIC and you will be the main point of contact for the insured’s daily service needs.
The company offers a host of benefits that include 100% paid benefits for the employee, reasonable family add-on plan, stocked lunch room, Costco card, monthly massage, 401K and a generous profit sharing plan, as well as a host of fun employee events such as summer picnics and tickets to various sports games.
Your day will look like this:
- Build and maintain relationships with clients.
- Provide consistent, accurate, and timely communication to clients through, verbal and written correspondence.
- Inform and educate clients about coverage, exclusions and exposures; document electronic files accordingly.
- Maintain client files in Epic and use Epic for processing all transactions.
- Process daily incoming mail, and phone requests, responding promptly and appropriately.
- Handle cancellations with care, and acts to save accounts (if applicable) and notifies producer.
- Assist with preparing proposals and applications, submit to insured’s and carriers (or marketing department); follow up to insure timely responses.
- Provide technical support to Producers (coverage-wise, with proposal, suspense, items etc.) to help clients.
- Assist clients in making appropriate coverage changes; inform and educate clients about coverage’s, exclusions, exposures, and audits and document electronic file accordingly.
- Renew and re-market accounts as needed in conjunction with agency standards.
- Maintain client files accurately and consistently documenting conversations, sending confirmations to clients, adhering to all other automation procedures.
- Occasionally accompanies producer on prospect or client meetings.
- Orders and issues binders, certificates, policies, endorsements, and other related items; verifies their accuracy; forwards them to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Reviews audits of policies; verifies accuracy and facilitates corrections, as needed, between client and carrier.
- Determines if agency or direct billing and invoices accordingly. If it’s an agency bill account, enter the premium into the system, and forward accounting company invoice for further processing by their department.
- Must update the Epic system accordingly using the Epic guidelines.
- Sets priorities and manages work flow to ensure efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions and other responsibilities.
- Set up finance contracts with PFS and help negotiate rates when applicable.
Candidates must have worked in an independent agency and have managed a book that included middle market transportation risks. OR P & C license required. EPIC knowledge is a huge plus. Local candidates preferred, but out of state candidates will be considered if they are able to start in 4 weeks or less and are already in process of moving to the Portland area.