North Seattle, WA
$40,000 to $50,000
Do you want to work for a great employer and enjoy looking at beautiful water views out of your own office? If you have at least one year of commercial insurance account manager experience (generalist level) and your P & C license, my client wants to talk to you.
My client is a growing insurance agency located near Ballard that specializes in marine related insurance. Due to a person moving out of the area, he is looking to add a new small commercial lines account manager to the team. You will have a book of marine accounts ranging from yacht brokers, shipwrights, marinas, and related ship repair businesses. Most of the book is existing business renewals with some new business marketing. The firm has an excellent reputation and is well-regarded in the marine industry. The client will train you on ocean marine coverages and carriers. You can start as early as 7 am as most of the Underwriters are on the East Coast. Otherwise, the office is open 8 am to 5 pm.
You day will look like this:
- Market, quote and bind new business, with the producer or from a phone call/referral. This is mostly commercial marine business, some P&C business and occasionally you will market and bind a yacht policy.
- Obtain renewal information from marine businesses, none of which renew automatically. Bind the renewal with the company, issue binders, renewal certificates, mail or email the renewal policies to the insured. Re-market renewal business as necessary. Review contracts to be sure insured is properly covered.
- Monitor the Expiration List for P& C businesses that renew automatically, follow-up with the company if necessary. send out renewal certificates; mail or email the renewal policies as necessary and renew contractors information in the WA State website.
- Take commercial claims and report to company then monitor.
- Invoice and co-ordinate premium financing of agency bill accounts.
- Answer telephones as necessary.
You will not have an assistant for this role. This is NOT a high pressure, can’t get it all done type of book. AMS360 is used with other Microsoft products.
You will have a lovely waterfront office with a great view and easy bus line commute. The office staff is super friendly and family oriented with a great work life balance. Compensation will be salary with a nice benefits package. This is a job you can retire with and is perfect for someone who lives in North Seattle who doesn’t want to fight the traffic into downtown Seattle.
The company wants to hire ASAP. Interviews are happening this week!
Candidates need to have a WA P & C license with at least 1 year of Commercial Account Management experience in an independent agency. Marine insurance coverage knowledge is preferred, but will train a generalist. AMS360 or equivalent agency software experience preferred.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278