$15 if non-licensed, DOE with agency P & C experience
If you are looking for a well-established insurance agency where you can work in a combo of customer service and inside sales, start your insurance career with my client!
My client is a well-established insurance agent in the Kirkland area. He has been in business 25 years and is looking to add a new rising star to his office team. This is a combo role of customer service and cross selling existing policies with some new business quoting.
The company will consider both entry level/non-licensed and experienced candidates with a P & C license. If you do not have your P & C license you must be able to pass a background check and have no bankruptcies or DUI’s in the last 5 years.
If you do NOT have your P & C license, you will start at $15/hr and will do a company-paid in-house online licensing program. The State Licensing class requires 40 hours and then you test for your license. Once licensed, you will complete the Carrier’s online training modules. Total training time will vary, but should be completed in 8 weeks from hire. If you pass your licensing test on the first try, you will receive a $500 bonus. You must obtain your license within the first 30 days of hire.
Hours are Monday to Thursday, 9 am to 6 pm, and Fri 8 am to 5 pm; no weekends are required. Parking is free. The agency has a robust marketing program, they just need to find someone with a great attitude, work ethic, and desire for a professional insurance career. This is not a “cold calling all day” job. You are a trusted advisor and your goal is to understand the customer’s insurance needs and help them select the right policy combination at a reasonable price. You will earn a monthly commission on top of your hourly wage based on the number of policies you sell each month.
At minimum sales target, you should earn about $45K to $50K in your first year. If you pick the business up quickly and are efficient with your time, you could earn closer to $60K in your first year, and $60K to $80K in your 2nd year. (figures include hourly pay plus commissions/bonuses).
Perks: They offer vacation, a competitive bonus/commission plan that is on top of your hourly wage, and fun company paid trips for top performers. Future agency ownership is also possible if desired. Your work space is large and well-lit with state of the art computer systems. The staff is fun and friendly with a great client-centric attitude.
Do you have these skills?
1. Strong work ethic and ability to deliver accurate/complete work the first time around
2. Fast computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft products and internet use
3. Ability to multi-task, work quickly, stay organized, follow up with customers in a timely manner, and prioritize your workload
4. Track record of being always being on time and going the extra mile for the customer or the employer
5. Good references from past Managers (they will be checked prior to interview)
6. Ability to pass a background check (will be completed prior to hire)
7. Stable work history with no “job hopping”. Must have at least a high school diploma
8. Strong written and verbal skills over the phone and email
9. Excellent grammar and spelling and ability to proof read own work before it is sent to a customer
To apply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278. The client prefers candidates who live a reasonable commute distance from Kirkland, WA and want to have a professional long-term insurance career.