downtown Seattle, WA
$45K to $58K DOE
If you have experience working in for an independent insurance agency, want to work in downtown Seattle, and love Personal Lines service work, my client wants to talk to you!
My client is opening up a new Personal Lines Account Manager role due to internal promotion. This is an great career role where you can work with your own accounts and be a trusted advisor, not just an order taker.
The position has a nice starting salary, great benefits, 15% first year commission on self-generated new business, and an annual department bonus based on company profitability. Hours are Mon to Fri with no weekends. You will not have sales quotas or make cold calls. You will be in a service role working with established customers.
Here’s what your job will look like:
- Develop a full understanding of the regulations governing Personal Lines insurance in the state of Washington
- Review accounts handled for adequate coverage, identify opportunities to cross sell and round out coverage
- Issue appropriate documentation as needed including binders, auto insurance ID cards, etc.
- Compose or assist in composition of highly technical or sensitive correspondence
- Translate highly technical information for the client’s understanding
- Complete applications and preparing proposals for new and renewal business proposals/offerings
- Contact clients and/or underwriters to obtain additional information or answer questions
- Resolve policy and coverage related concerns for clients, insurance carriers, and Producers
- Check policy coverage and endorsements for accuracy
- Courteously communicate negative actions to the client, while offering a solution to remedy the situation
- Bind or places coverage with acceptable carriers, adhering to appropriate carriers binding authority
- Keep well-informed of developments in the marketplace, including product line offerings, changing insurance consumer trends and needs, as well as remain current on company-specific insurance products and offerings
- Set up and maintain electronic file information in the Agency Management System including data entry and client & policy database maintenance
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation of communication pertaining to client’s insurance program
- Review accounts handled for adequate coverage, as well as educate, cross sell, and up sell coverage
- Recommend changes to insured for enhanced protection, ensuring Profit Center standards are met
- Process change requests and other coverage research issues
- Process and respond to all FRQs received within 30 days of receipt
- Assist with resolving Daily Download issues including Exceptions List
- Assume full responsibility for service and administration of client accounts
- Assist the Personal Lines Leader with training and development of Account Technicians
- Transact Agency Billed Policy in a timely fashion
- Review Aged Receivables and follow up on the collection of premium payments and assist the accounting department in reconciliation of company and client accounts
Candidates need to have 3 years of independent agency personal lines account management experience, working knowledge of Carrier websites, WA P & C license, and experience working on TAM or a similar agency management system. Certifications such as ACSR, CIC, CPCU, CISR are a huge plus!
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278.