$85K to $105K
Is it time to change agencies? If you are an experienced benefits account manager and you are ready for a new challenge, my client wants to talk to you.
My client is an independent insurance agency located on the east side with a strong employee benefits department. Due to growth, they need to hire another experienced Employee Benefits Account Manager who knows how to manage a mixed book of fully and self-insured groups. You will be the main point of contact and the right hand for the Producer team. This is a mix of client facing and office renewal preparation work. You will also accompany the Producer team as needed to pre-renewal client meetings and will lead the employee meetings during open enrollment. You may also be called upon to assist with new group meetings as well as BOR’s or marketing of new groups.
The client offers a great salary, benefits, continuing education and a commitment to career growth. They are looking to hire ASAP.
• Responsible for project management of the annual client work plan to ensure client deliverables are completed timely throughout the year.
• Manage client requests from inception to completion with limited direction. Provide excellent client service as the primary day-to-day contact between clients, vendors and internal client teams. Provide accurate and timely responses to client issues. Work closely with members of the client service team.
• Prepare materials and attend all client meetings as an active member of the client service team. Develop action items from meetings and follow through to completion. Document meetings and client decisions.
• Identify client issues and trends as they surface and suggest solutions.
• Manage the renewal process from start to finish including receipt and delivery of renewal, review and delivery of marketing results and plan options, vendor negotiations, client recommendations, renewal confirmations, and preparation of carrier paperwork.
• Spread client renewal proposals in Excel for fully insured groups as needed.
• Oversee the implementation process for new benefits and carrier changes.
• Prepare written communications such as open enrollment memos, renewal reports, custom employee communications, and benefit summaries.
• Conduct open enrollment meetings for clients, both onsite and via webinar, to educate employees on healthcare and what’s changing. Prepare open enrollment presentations and communications to meet client needs.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with vendor partners and clients.
• Provide employee advocacy services to clients including personalized and confidential eligibility, billing and claim support.
• Review insurance documents, contracts and SPDs for accuracy. Provide peer review support to other team members work products.
• Assist clients to comply with various federal, state and insurance company requirements including ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, 5500s, etc.
• Maintain client files in compliance with company standards.
• Actively participate in oral interviews with prospective clients.
WA L & D license, 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible account management experience in an independent agency with fully insured groups of 51+. and generalist knowledge of self-funding plan design. Must be able to handle a renewal from start to finish including spreading benefits in Excel. Benefits certifications are a huge plus. Need strong Excel skills.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 425-298-0278. Out of state candidates are encouraged to apply. Some relocation assistance is available.